Monday, July 21, 2014

And that's enough about that

Here is a bit of video of Sundance watching the robot this morning. Click on the arrow. After about 20 seconds, the action is all over although the clip keeps going for a while.


Later Sundance went and sat under the table and watched from safety. Then she climbed up on the table for an overview.


 

The robot is down in the lower right corner in the bottom picture. Sundance is not looking right at it because she was distracted by my attempts to take photos. You know, because cat.

Tom has decided not to call the robot an infernal device, as I thought he would. Instead he calls it a deadly device. He is convinced that it will chase him down or he will trip over it and fall down the stairs. So I am going to call it D-Squared -- D (deadly) times D (device). I once dated a girl in high school whose dog was named D-Squared for Darn Dog. (Or maybe something stronger than Darn.)

And I think that's enough about that.



2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Absolutely hilarious. But an awful lot of money to spend on a cat toy. I thought I was splurging when I paid $3 for a toy bird.

Michael Dodd said...

Mitchell,
Fortunately it does a great job on the floors, because the cats have already lost interest.

We once bought them a little electronic thingee that shines a red dot on the floor and moves it randomly for them to chase. They mostly ignore it although the noise the thing makes interests them. When we use a light to play this game with them ourselves, however, they will play along. So I guess mechanical pet entertainers have a ways to go to replace human staff.