Thursday, July 31, 2014

Retirement Part Deux


I talked with the library director this morning to let her know I have decided that my days as a paid guybrarian are drawing to an end. I will work through August and then move on. No doubt I will be back as a volunteer, but I want to give myself some breathing space between working there and volunteering there again.

She was concerned that my decision might be due to something happening at the library, but that is not the case. The only bad things that happened to me there are things I caused! And those, fortunately, were quite rare.

One factor, though not the only one or even the primary one, is my desire to focus more on the novel. The library work only took up one day of the week. When I write, however, I need to be able to work steadily and uninterruptedly for a few hours each morning. EACH morning. When I do that, I make progress. Interrupt the flow and I am off in a fog. 

So, in response to gentle prods from Lee and from Sunny, maybe by Christmas there will be a complete book you can examine.

No comments: