Saturday, July 19, 2014

Boys and their toys

So I saw a great Groupon deal on this thing the other day and decided to use some birthday money to get one. It arrived this morning and I did a fast charge of the battery and set it to sweep and then mop my bathroom. It is quiet, did a nice job and I am pleased. Needless to say, Tom will soon refer to it as an infernal device. That's what he used to call my Keurig coffeemaker until he discovered how convenient it is and how much he likes to use it.

I got the basic model and this does not do carpets. But it looks like it will be great for the laminate floors in the bathrooms, kitchen and other areas. It got right up against the toilet, cleaned all around the curved base and also worked its way around odd corners. Tomorrow while Tom is at the railroad, I plan to set it loose on the kitchen -- my housecleaning bete noire!


I will report back on the cats' reactions. I have seen videos of cats riding around on robot vacuums, but I have my doubts about our two. Unless it can also be programmed to dispense snacks.

3 comments:

Lavada said...

Paul has been trying for over a year to get me to let him buy one of those for our house. If he had done so before we bought a 100£ hoover, I probably would have said yes. Yes, Boy and their toys. Looking forward to that video of the Kitties reactions to it!!!

Unknown said...

Totally need one of those. Does it do windows?

Michael Dodd said...

Damien,
There is a window cleaning robot. Pretty pricey, though. You can find it here: http://www.robotshop.com/en/robotic-window-cleaners.html

The Robot Shop has other robots you might want to consider, too.