Sunday, July 20, 2014

Following up on Boys and their Toys

A little bit more on the Mint robot cleaner mentioned in an earlier post:


 I was delighted with the job this thing did sweeping and mopping the kitchen. Because the pressure is so even with the mopping process, the floor is much less steaky looking than when I do it by hand. And I work hard when I do it by hand: sweep with broom, then sweep with microfiber cloth to get the dust, then mop using special laminate cleaner and a sponge mop with another special microfiber cover, then steam the whole thing. And the floor still looks streaky. The little bot -- I have to come up with a name -- left it clean and shiny.

It was not perfect, of course, and there were a few small spots it did not completely clean. But those were very few and easily came up when I swiped at them, since the bot had already softened them up.

While it was cleaning in the kitchen, Sundance came in and I took her over to look at it. She was very curious and stalked it, looking underneath the bot as best she could to see what was making it go. Then she lost interest and wandered away. I did not have my camera, but I will try to get some shots next time I use it.

So I'm thinking not R2D2 or C3PO. The Doddbot? Maybe Calvin, in honor of Susan Calvin. (Those of you who are fans of the Asimov robot stories will understand. Others can check out this link.)

No comments: