Friday, December 4, 2015

Morning-Noon-Night


 Finally, brothers and sisters, 
whatever is true, whatever is honorable, 
whatever is just, whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, 
if there is any excellence and 
if there is anything worthy of praise,
think about these things. 
~ Philippians 4:8 

This is the first of several spiritual reflections with which I begin every day. I need to be reminded of it especially at this time of year when I let seasonal annoyances irritate me too much. And political annoyances, too, but those are pretty much year round these days, whether it is an election year or not. That is why I said I do this to begin every day.

PS -- On the pro-active front, I continue to click on the Unsubscribe link from advertisers and organizations I find annoying

In the monastery, there was a saying: "What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't desire." In this case, it is a matter of "What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't hate." 

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

The mind is powerful... (sadly) even the small mind.