Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Serendipity/synchronicity

Serendipity: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

Synchronicity: the simultaneous occurrence of events that appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection

This morning as I was sorting through files and boxes in my office, I kept running across things that I was not sure whether to keep or not. I think of myself as pretty detached from non-essentials, but who is to say what is essential and what is non-? 

As I was clearing a small bulletin board, I noticed an old fortune cookie fortune that I had tacked up there at some point in the past:

Don't worry. You will always have what you need. 

Oh. Yeah.

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wow. What synchrondipity... Um serenicity... Um... Wow.

Ur-spo said...

Jungians are crackers for synchronicity.