Sunday, August 26, 2007

Animaniacs II

The middle of the afternoon I went down to the basement to ride the exercycle, but I guess Buddy the Dog heard the bike and the television through the floor of the guest room where he was napping, and not knowing where it was coming from, he began to bark. So I came up and calmed him down. We sat together on the front porch for a while and watched the hummingbird wars rage.

We went for another walk later. He was very interested in something he smelled in the middle of the road and had to go back and forth tracking it for a while, but eventually I convinced him I was not going to let him drag me out into the brambles of the woods.

He has found a place to sit when I watch television: right on the other side of the cedar chest that serves as a coffee table, between it and the screen. At least he is not lying on top of my feet. Or on top of the chest where the cats like to stretch out and demand attention.

As soon as it got dark and I went into my room, Buddy came trotting in and lay down by my desk. When Tom gets back tomorrow or Tuesday, Buddy will start sleeping in his room. Until then I had better leave a night light on somewhere so I don't step on the dog at three in the morning. The cats know my routine well enough to get out of my way, but knowing them, they won't tell Buddy just so they can hear him yelp when I step on his tail.

Cats can be so petty.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hey, do you know anyone that can help me with my Blogger layout. I think I'm going to shut down my diary and move over here full time. It'll be tough but its time. I'm maturing out of Open Diary and want to be here the majority of the time. My friends are all moving over here as well. We're all beginners but we'll get there. So do you know anyone who can help? Or do I need to pay someone?