Sunday, August 26, 2007

Animaniacs

I just took Buddy the Dog for a twenty minute morning walk. Helen said he didn't really need a walk, but what is the poor mutt to do -- sit around in the house all day? So I got the leash and we went for a stroll. He likes to go for a walk if he is wearing his leash, for some reason. Otherwise he sits in the yard.

That picture in the earlier post is not Buddy, BTW. It is a dog that looks a lot like him, but Buddy is black and tan instead of black and white. That dog looks kind of growly -- it is just a border collie herding sheep -- and Buddy is always smiling.

Earlier this morning Sundance wanted in from the deck. When I let her in, she began to chirp to be petted. As soon as I began to stroke her, Buddy came running over to be petted, even though up to that point he had been ignoring me from the other side of the room where he was grieving Helen and Jay's departure. When I began to pet both of them at the same time, Sundance gave me a sneer and hopped up on the buffet to eat. No sooner had she started crunching than Cassidy ran in from my bedroom where she had been snoring away. If food was being eaten, she wanted her share.

Animals!

No comments: