Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday, Monday

The weather report I checked before going to bed last night said there was a 10% chance of rain, but about 5:30 I was wakened by rolling thunder. I let Buddy the Dog out for his morning ablutions before the weather got worse. It began raining around 6:30 and rained much of the morning, finally turning clear, sunny and humid this afternoon.

When I came home from work, Buddy the Dog was anxious to go outside. I let him out for a few minutes to do his business and later took him for a short walk. I explained to him in great detail what I had done at work, and he grinned politely but I don't think he was really paying attention. Later he disappeared and when I went to look for him, he was sleeping in Tom's room by the closet. I think the smell of Tom's clothes made him feel better.

I went out on the front porch to read for a while, and Buddy joined me. He doesn't wander around much if I am just sitting, maybe up and down the sidewalk. Tom called to say he will be back tonight around 9:00. I think Buddy will be happy to have him back, more company and someone around all day instead of just part of the afternoon and evening.



I got a royalties check in the mail for my audiotapes (now CDs mostly) from ICS Publications. Not that it amounts to much, but it is nice to be reminded that they are still selling. I have four titles in their catalogue and have sold over 2,000 of them. These are all recordings of lectures that I gave between 1991 and 1997. The picture is of the cover the last one I did. Hard to believe it was ten years ago!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Look at you, the celeb!