Thursday, August 9, 2007

Critter du jour

On the way back from the library tonight I saw a Great Horned Owl at the intersection of Clara Avenue (named for an aunt of Tom's) and Trout Road. Although others around here have mentioned seeing and hearing owls, this was my first sighting. Cool!

Not too much exciting news on the critter front. Yesterday I saw a young raccoon, and our young neighbor Kevin recently hit and killed one of the fawns that was hanging around the road by their driveway.

This morning Sundance was prowling around the cedar chest that serves as a coffee table in the living room. I figured she either had a mouse under there or one of her toys had gone under it. I picked it up, and there was one of the fat little basement mice. It stayed put and Sundance just stared, so I let the chest down and closed my bedroom door to keep the mouse out and went off to work. Tom said later in the day she chased it down into the basement and stayed there for about an hour. At least it's not up here any more.

No comments: