Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Do what?

Just to show you that I really live in the country ...



The Circuit City saga took me to Madison today -- don't ask! -- and on the way back I passed the Badger Ordnance Works, which was in 1942 the largest ammunition plant in the world. That's when the above picture was taken. It is located south of Baraboo and was in operation until the Vietnam era. In 1997 the Army decided it didn't need it anymore, and so it has been going through a process of dismantling buildings and trying to figure out what to do with the land -- over 7,300 acres with beautiful views. I think most of it is being transferred to the Ho-Chunk Nation.

Anywho, as Rusty says, when I went by today, there were lots of vehicles in the usually empty parking lot and a sign out front: Manure Expo.

Manure Expo?

Do we really want to expose manure more than we have to?

I couldn't see what all was involved in this event, and being dressed for law office success, I did not feel moved to walk around on a warm and humid afternoon to learn more.

I did find this mission statement online, though, when I did a search for "Manure Expo":I notice they don't mention manure at all.

But a Manure Expo is about as country as it gets, I figure.

No comments: