Sunday, October 25, 2009

Critter sightings

It has been almost a year since I saw one of the albino squirrels that haunted the intersection of Berry Road and Birchwood. A week or so back, Peter mentioned he had seen one, and my hopes went back up. Now I have seen one twice in as many days, scampering around the mound septic system in the yard of the folks who live at the intersection. It is one of my favorite critters around here. Now I wish I could see one of them beside one of the pitch black squirrels that are all over the place in Reedsburg.

Near Reedsburg is an elk ranch, but the elk are not often in the pasture beside the road that I drive on. This past week, though, I have twice caught sight of one with antlers. It is not as impressive as this photo, but still -- an actual, living elk!

Other than that, just the usual sightings of wild turkeys and sand hill cranes.

No comments: