Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wisconsin

My friend Noni often sends me "You know you are a Texan if ..." lists. Today Peggy (or Rich?), our neighbor across the street, sent me a list about Wisconsin that I thought I would share with you. Enjoy!

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March,
You might live in Wisconsin.

If someone in a store offers you assistance & they don't work there,
You might live in Wisconsin.


If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead,
You might live in Wisconsin.


If you have ever worn shorts and a parka at the same time,
You might live in Wisconsin.


If your town has an equal number of bars and churches,
You might live in Wisconsin.


If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number,
You might live in Wisconsin.


YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Wisconsonite WHEN:

1. Vacation means going up north on Hwy 39.

2. You measure distance in hours.

3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

4.. You often switch from heat to AC in the same day and back again.

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching

6.. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).

7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

8. You carry jumper cables in your car and know how to use them.

9. You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

11. You know all 5 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, road construction, and It's Hot.

12. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.

13. Down south means Illinois to you.

14. A brat is something you eat..

15. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.

16. You go out to a tailgate party every Friday.

17. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

18. You find 0 degrees a "little chilly."

19. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Wisconsin friends. (What's not to understand?)

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I think I died a little on #5.....Geeze- you scare me.

I totally am with you on #2, #3, #4, #6 & #11. Are you SURE you're not a South Carolinian??

Michael Dodd said...

Sunny,
Trust me! I don't identify with the driving-in-the-blizzard one at all. I do drive in snow, but I have yet to understand those folks who drive 70 miles an hour down a country road that is covered with the white stuff.

Sunny said...

Oh thank goodness!! Snow I can drive in-Cautiously- but any sleet or ice and I'm homebound. I can't tell you the times I've had work call me and say "We're sending someone to pick you up"...and I've had to tell them..."No- you don't UNDERSTAND...I don't drive in it- and I don't RIDE with anyone else in it."
I did that when I was 20 and almost got killed when the car we were riding in skidded out of control on an icy bridge and we came within inches of going over the side into the path of an oncoming train on the tracks below.
No- Thank- You. I'll wait til it melts.