Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the banks of the Wisconsin river ...

Well, not the river banks really. Just wanted to bring you up to date on the banking saga:

They finally got everything straightened out and the various bits of money where they belong.

In the process of making sure this was all done, though, I discovered that Tom had used the debit card for the joint account but had failed to let me know or give me the receipt. When I asked, he confirmed the purchase and now all is as it should be.

I use my Discover card for most purchases, but Tom prefers to use his debit card. Which is fine, but since I now keep the checkbook and register for the joint account, I need to know when he uses that card. Eventually it will become a habit for him to save the receipts and pass them along. Until then, I'll just keep an eye on things online.

It reminds me a bit of the way Daddy used to just take a handful of checks from the checkbook and then tell Mama what he had used them for. If he remembered. There was the famous instance when I was at Michigan State and he took checks from my checkbook instead and I wound up overdrawn. Because he wasn't sure how much he had written on my account, he just put a lot of money in. I think I made a profit on that deal!

Meanwhile I am still under the weather, which is supposed to be rainy and in the 50s (10-15 C) all day. Just as well. Sounds like a good day to stay indoors and read.

No comments: