Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Paranoia runs deep


Why does Twitter say that 21 people follow me on Twitter? Who are these people? I went through and blocked 80% of them -- all trying to sell me something, I guess.

And why do I get requests for Friend status on Facebook from people I do not know and who, as far as I can tell, with whom I have no mutual friends or other connection (e.g., Huntsville High School and so on)?

It seems a bit creepy that people I don't even know are out there peeking into my Twitter conversations.

Careful what you say, dudes and dudettes!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

LOL_ I feel the same way- and have blocked probably three times as many ppl on my Twitter as I have following me!! I only accept/allow ppl I know or are connected to in some way!! i dont want the entire world knowing my business.......altho I have little to hide!
;-)
It's a personal thang!!!

Cynthia Dodd said...

I block more people than I allow to follow me. I only have family following me. If I don't know the person, they are blocked. This is one reason Ted no longer comments on Twitter or Facebook. He feels it is an invasion of privacy. He reads but does not make comments.