Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Within sight

Tom's cataract surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning in Mauston at 7:30, and they want him there at 6:15. So we will be heading up there around 5:00 AM or so. Maybe they want him to travel in the dark to help dilate the eye. Who knows?

At any rate, the good news is that -- assuming that all goes well, and there is no reason to doubt that it will -- we should be out of the hospital and on the way back home mid-morning. With luck, I will even be able to attend an afternoon Friends of the Library meeting for the first time since last spring. I do my volunteering on a day off, but the Friends meet on a day I worked all summer.

Anyway, here's hoping for clear vision and a speedy recovery for Tom. He won't be able to do much of anything for a while, which will drive him crazy, I know.

2 comments:

Vincent said...

Good luck to Tom, Hope all goes well!

Sank said...

Wish him the best.