Thursday, June 9, 2016

Uncertainty and Thursdays sure do get me down


The ache in my legs is much reduced today, but I am still taking it easy for another day. This morning was drizzly-rainy, not good for taking walks anyway. Instead I picked up a few necessities from Woodman's early before the rain started and then worked on the computer for most of the morning.

Tom is going to the little railroad on Tuesdays and Thursdays to keep an eye on track issues and help out in other ways as needed. Today he called around noon as I was finishing lunch to say that, despite the less than perfect weather, they were running trains. He was filling in for a no-show as conductor and possibly as engineer later in the day. That meant instead of getting home between two and three, he wouldn't get here until dinnertime. 

When I got off the phone, there was still a soft rain falling. The cats and I decided that meant nap time! (Of course, for the cats, any time means nap time -- except at night time when the humans want to sleep. That is prowling-and-mrowling time.) I started my favorite half-hour power nap music on the tablet, curled up and snoozed.

Twenty minutes later the cats roused me to give them something to tide them over until dinnertime, and I saw that the rain had tapered off. I checked the forecast and saw that more showers were predicted, but the radar looked like we were in the clear. I decided to brave it, packed up the computer and went to Starbucks. My brother and sister-in-law gave me a Starbucks gift card for my birthday, a perfect choice. So I sipped my coffee and fiddled around with the third WhoVille book for a while. By the time I left, the skies were still cloudy but it neither looked, felt nor smelled like rain was on the way.

As it turned out, someone eventually showed up to relieve Tom of his railroad duties and he got to come home at the usual time. This led to an inconclusive discussion about what to do about dinner. At this point, I think we are going to DeForest for Mexican. Maybe. I did mention it was inconclusive.

At least the sun is out and shining now.  

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

I hope the sun is shining in your head now that it's Friday. I understand the feeling!