Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Boy in the Library*

Yesterday afternoon I went to the library to drop off some books and to look around. I didn't find anything I particularly wanted, but as I was leaving, a young guy (college age?) walked out ahead of me talking agitatedly on his cell phone. There are signs everywhere, of course, asking you to turn the things off, but -- hey! It's a library. Who reads?

Anyway, he was saying something along the lines of this: "Yes, that's my telephone number and somebody has been running around writing it on bathroom walls and I'm getting really angry and am going to call the police if this keeps up."

Storms through door into hallway in full huff mode.

"Well, yes, I am looking for a good woman, but this is not how I want go about it..."

At that point he went out the back door as I went out the front and I have no idea how the rest of the conversation went.

Just goes to show how little you know. I knew guys wrote names and numbers on the walls as a prank, but I never knew women did, too.

Of course, he may just have been a drama queen trying to get some attention...
--------------------------
*Pop cultural reference to one of Agatha Christie's early Miss Marple books, The Body in the Library.

No comments: