Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm being followed by a moonflower

When I was letting Cassidy out onto the deck this evening, I saw what looked like a lily blooming in the back yard. I pointed it out to Tom and learned that is is a moonflower, grown from a seedling given us by a neighbor up the road. They bloom only in the evening, hence the name.

Nice.
--------------
The title of the post is a pop culture reference to a 1971 Cat Stevens song, Moonshadow. Stevens himself claimed that he wrote it while standing on a rock: "And I was dancin' on the rocks there... right on the rocks where the waves were like blowin' and splashin'. Really, it was so fantastic. And the moon was bright, ya know, and I started dancin' and singin' and I sang that song and it stayed. "

But you already knew that...

No comments: