Friday, February 6, 2009

Book!

Okay, my book will probably not be available on Amazon.com for another week or two, but if you click on this link, it should take you to the e-store where it is now available.

A few things you should know.

1) The book costs $12.95, and the economy shipping will add three or so bucks to this cost. You can pay more and get it in just a couple of days, but that would basically double your total cost. I don't see why you have to be in any hurry over it, though. It is just a mystery story, after all!

2) To order it, you may have to create an account at CreateSpace (the e-store). I'm not sure about that, but I am reasonably sure it is safe. CreateSpace is a part of Amazon, so it should be the same as if you were to order it via Amazon when it becomes available there. And you have to pay by credit card either way. If you don't won't to fool with that for security reasons, let me know and I can arrange to get one to you myself. It may take a little while, but, like I say, there is no reason to be in a hurry.
BTW, if you do buy copies through the e-store, I get waaay more royalties than if you order it through Amazon later, but, of course, Amazon is the place where I am likely to sell a lot more copies and that is why it is great to be on their list.
3) When Amazon.com starts marketing it, they may sell it at a discount and you will probably be able to get it with free shipping when combined with other things, etc. So, again, if you are in no hurry, you may want to wait and see what they are going to offer. I will let you know on the blog as soon as I find out it is on the Amazon.com site.

4) There are a couple of minor typos in this version, but Tom suggested I have to publish it someday. So I am making it available now. At some point down the line I will insert any corrections that I have found or been told about. Feel free to let me know typos, but I don't plan to rewrite the book! If you think it needs to be changed totally, write the new one yourself. I will be happy to buy it when you publish it.

5) If you want to buy several (I don't know -- to punish people you don't like?), I can order them and get a better rate for you.

6) It is possible that a Catholic bookstore might decide to sell the book at their store, but the odds of you finding it in a bookstore are slim to nonexistent.

7) If you have any questions about all this let me know.

And, Mama and Daddy, the book is dedicated to you (and to the Discalced Carmelite family), so don't buy one. I will be sending you one as soon as I get some copies myself.

4 comments:

Vincent said...

Congrats on the book. We cant wait to get our copies!!

Have a great day

Vincent said...

Congrats on the book! We cant wait to get our copies!!! (notice copies), Kristin has told me she is buying multiple copies to dirtibute herself.
Take care
Vincent

Kristin said...

I am going to some right now.

Cynthia Dodd said...

I just ordered one of your books. Should get it in 5-7 days. We are looking forward to receiving it. I would like you to autograph it next time I see you.