Friday, February 20, 2009

Who knows?

There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
- W. Somerset Maugham

I just ask that you remember this while reading my book.

It is 9:00 a.m.and 4 degrees out (-15 C). We are a bit late getting out of the gate this morning. And Sundance tried to kill me last night by running under my feet when I was on my way to bed. I fell -- not on her, lucky cat! -- and landed on my hands and knees, bumping (slightly) my head on the bed. Fortunately not even a bruise on my head, but it did jars the old Dodd joints.

And then she looked at me like I was trying to hurt her! She's all cuddled up in the Snuggie on the sofa now, so I made sure to pet her until she purred. I guess we've made up.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

"And then she looked at me like I was trying to hurt her!"

That is classic cat thinking. The same thing happens here all the time. I joke with Vincent that while he sleeps all the play on his like he is their personal playground. He has no clue of course as he sleeps like a rock.

If he moves in the slightest, they stare at him in such disgust that he is trying to ruin their play time.

BTW, I am still reading the novel as is my BFF Tara.