Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More books

I spent much of the day finishing up work on my next book. This is one that I doubt anyone in the family will be interested in at all, but it should be of some interest to the Carmelites. When it is ready, I will let you know so that anyone who wants the Complete Works of Michael Dodd can pick up a copy.

This one is about a sixteenth-century Carmelite who was a big friend of St. Teresa but very controversial within the Order. In fact, he was kicked out back in 1592. In 1999 -- more than four centuries later -- the superiors in Rome issued a formal Declaration of Rehabilitation. I'm sure it made his day!

Anyway, I found an old portrait of him and Tom is using it to make a cover design for the book. It is looking pretty good, better than the original in fact. I'll post that, too, when it is done.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Whoo Hooo!! Let me know when its available.