Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hack, hack Parte Dos

I turned in early last night, hoping the extra rest would speed along my cold/whatever. I woke up about midnight, coughing away and unable to get back to sleep. I got up and watched TV for a while and finally went back to bed around three. I called in sick this morning -- something I hate to do. I have been lying around pretty much all day, watching the television (actually just looking at the program list, hoping to find something to watch), playing Free Cell on the computer and surfing the net. In between I sneeze and cough and startle the cats.

Tom is having a small meeting here tonight and invited the couple of people who are coming to join us for dinner. I am tempted to take my bowl of Boeuf Bourogne and a hunk of bread to my room and eat in private. Not only do I not want to spread this thing around -- although lots of people we know have it, so it is not like I am the only carrier they are likely to run into -- but I think it is gross when someone at the table has to keep dragging a handkerchief out to wipe his nose.

Not appetizing!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That's a hard one.

One one hand, you don't want to be the disgusting disease infested dinner guest snottin' and sneezin' everywhere.

But on the other hand, you don't want to be the anti-social jerk who isn't interested in socializing.

Tough one.

Michael Dodd said...

Well, I wound up eating with the crew. I wasn't too disgusting -- at least, I hope I wasn't. The coughing wasn't too bad and I didn't sneeze on anyone.