Friday, November 23, 2007

Oh, say can you see?

Joe and Evelyn belong to a club in Baraboo that meets every couple of weeks to discuss topics of general interest. One member gives a presentation and then they all talk about it. At the next meeting, Evelyn is speaking about the history of the American flag, and I had done some research online for her. Since the office does not have a color printer, and I do at home, she asked me if I would print out some pages with pictures of various flags of historical interest. I had planned to make this my lazy weekend project, and this morning I was going to do a page or two and then get the rest of it done later. But once I got started, it was just easier to keep going -- and it didn't really take that long.

So now what do I do for the day? Tom is rearranging the basement to make room for his train setup. The libraries are closed for the day because of the holiday yesterday. I suspect the stores are a madhouse with people doing the whole Black Friday thing.

I'll have to think of something. John and Lucy are due to stop back overnight on their way back to Chicago, but they won't get in until tonight sometime. Tom is making Chinese for dinner, which will be good.

I have started an article on the names we give to God and what that shows about our understanding of God. I suppose I could work on that...

Twelve Step spirituality programs usually talk about "God as we understand him", leaving that understanding up to the individual's personal faith. Some people say "the God of my understanding" as a shorthand. A friend of mine who has been in AA for many years always says, "the God of my misunderstanding."

I like that.

No comments: