Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mighty Impressive!

Today Mama and Daddy celebrate 62 years of marriage.

Reminds me of a favorite country song. This video is of the Michael Martin Murphy version:



"What's Forever For"

I've been looking at people
And how they change with the times;
And lately all I've been seeing are people
Throwing love away and losing their minds.

Or maybe it's me that's gone crazy,
'Cause I can't understand why
All these people keep hurting each other
When good love is so hard to come by.

So what's the glory in living?
Doesn't anybody ever stay together anymore?
And if love never lasts forever,
Tell me, what's forever for?

I've been listening to people
And they say love is the key.
And it's not my way to let them lead me astray
It's only that I want to believe.

But I see love-hungry people
Trying their best to survive,
While in their hands is a dying romance
And they're not even trying to keep it alive.

So what's the glory in living?
Doesn't anybody ever stay together anymore?
And if love never lasts forever,
Tell me, what's forever for

Congratulations on a job well done!

2 comments:

Cynthia Dodd said...

Happy 62nd Wedding Anniversary to two very special people!

We Love You!

Kristin said...

Happy 6200th anniversary, Mama Dodd & Daddy Dodd!! Congratulations! That's a tough thing to pull off this day in age. Its a glimmer of hope for the rest of us, that's for sure.

I remember being a little girl and Mama Dodd telling me I needed to marry a man like Daddy Dodd.

Hopefully I did!