Thursday, January 29, 2009

Step by step

I received the second proof of the book today. I knew there would be changes because I have to insert the copyright info and some other things. I was hoping that would be all, but it turned out that the margins somehow managed to get messed up. Something somewhere in the Word-to-Open Office-to-PDF conversions. So I have been tinkering with it some more and hope to get it sent back tomorrow sometime. If they act as promptly as last time, I would hope to have the final version in hand late next week and to be able to approve it. I expect it will then take from one to three weeks before it is actually for sale online.

Meanwhile, despite some frustrations with this, I am readying some other books and even Tom is working on one. The people who do the manufacture, marketing and distribution are not the publishers. They make that very clear. Since Tom and I are planning to keep publishing things this way, after much discussion we have decided to create something called Pileated Press. Tom designed the logo:

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I had to google Pilated to figure out what it was! When it said it was a bird and then I looked at the logo again, I felt like a loser. I'm blonde, I get away with it!

I am totally going to buy every book you ever do and make a collection!