Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All locals is political

We had local -- and a few state -- elections yesterday. I won't bore you with the details, but I am happy to say that the people of the Town of Dellona, which includes Jerry and our friends up on Christmas Mountain, finally "threw the bums out". For reasons that have never been completely clear to me, the town board has been making some incredibly bad decisions about things like the EMS service and street lights for intersections where lighting is badly needed. The people of the town had voted for specific changes and the board simply stonewalled and walked in circles, and now the new crew can get some things done that are long overdue.

Things in our little Town of Delton are in what Tom calls the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" state, and so we happily returned our incumbents to office. There were some changes in the Village of Lake Delton, not too surprising after the heated discussions about circumstances surrounding the disappearance of the Lake itself last June.

I'm happy to say that the supreme court election this time did not seem to draw any of the heavy out-of-state financial investment and political involvement that the last one did. There's a funny story about that last election, but a family blog is not the place to tell it.

And that's all there is to that.

On, Wisconsin!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I FINISHED THE FIRST BOOK LAST NIGHT! *dances a jig* Vince is out of town so I wasn't busy. I loved it! The twist at the end. I so thought it was Angel the ENTIRE TIME so when John told him he knew it wasn't him in front of everybody in those final scenes, I was floored. I was literally like, "WHO IS IT THEN?!" Great twist!

Michael Dodd said...

Glad you liked it. I got a call from Joe the Lawyer this morning. He finished it over the weekend and enjoyed it so much that he suggested I try to get the local library's mystery club to read it. So I am running a copy over there today for the head of the library to review. (This is the Baraboo Library, not the one where I volunteer.)

Again, a warning: The second book is totally different and probably more academic or "scholarly". But I do have plans for a second mystery.

Kristin said...

OK they posted my review! Vince & Tara are going to try and get theirs up by the end of this weekend.

We shall see.

Michael Dodd said...

Thanks for your review. Maybe someone will be moved to buy it to turn into a movie. Or are you just trying to get Hollywood onto Asterix?