Monday, April 27, 2009

Work and play ... er, more work

Spent some time at the railroad doing inventory this morning. Made a dent -- but just a dent. My hope is to finish up this week, but we will see.

When I got home, there was an order for ten books -- five of each -- from the monastery in Barrington. They sell books, which means if these sell well, they will probably order some more down the line. (It also means I have to sell them to the nuns at a discount so they can make a bit of money themselves.) Anyway that depleted my supply of the novels, and I went ahead and ordered more of those plus some more of the Gratian books to have on hand in case other orders come through.

I also got some editing done on the Elijah book this afternoon. Now comes the final version of the last chapter and we will be closing in on sending it off for a proof copy. Tom saw it lying around on the table and read some of it. He said it looked interesting, which is pretty high praise from him. He likes designing the covers, I think, but he has little interest in the content.

Meanwhile I came up with an idea for another book, but I really should finish this one first. AND I should go to work on the second novel instead of starting a totally new non-fiction project. (Non-fiction is way easier to write, though!)

No comments: