Friday, April 17, 2009

Library et alia

At Joe's suggestion, I recently took a copy of the mystery to the Baraboo Public Library to see if they would be interested in putting it on the list for their mystery-reader's club. Today I got a nice letter from the librarian thanking me for the book and noting that it was checked out as soon as he put it out and there is a waiting list. Pretty cool! (Local authors always get some attention, of course.)

Anyway, he wants to put it on the list for them to read sometime next year, which will mean a few more sales and a chance to go talk to them about the book.

Miriam sent a thank you note for her recent visit, and she included this:
I'm reading the book, and it's just like a real book so far. Very well written & entertaining. Worth every penny of the (tax-deductible) $12.95 I paid for it.
I have no idea why she says it is tax-deductible, but then I often have no idea why Miriam says what she says. Still, it's nice to get compliments, right?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congrats!! I'm glad its already checked out!