Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ex libris

Today is my last [paid] day at the Kilbourn Public Library. I officially retired from working there full time a couple of years back, but for the past year and a half have worked one day a week, sometimes a day and a half, mainly assisting people with eReaders, tablets and other somewhat techy things. In addition I have done the initial draft of the monthly newsletter, kept the blog up to date and filled in where needed.

I enjoyed my time at the library, but it will be nice to be free of work-related obligations again. 

Because, there's no business like NO business!

One last plug: If you don't have a library card, you are missing out on the best deal in town: books, magazines, newspapers, DVDs, computer access and all that goes with that, special programs for all ages. For free! When I was a kid, we did not have a public library. I was almost out of high school before my home town got one. So I know what it is like not to have access to what the library can bring.

As it turns out, September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month. Get in there and get one! Or get yours renewed if necessary.

And I promise not to shush you!

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

I've yet to check out the public libraries here in Spain. Thanks for the push!