Friday, August 29, 2014

Labor Day Weekend begins

Tom spent the day filling in for one of the conductors at the little railroad. He will do so again tomorrow. Fortunately someone else will take over Sunday and Monday.

Because the sealer coat on  our drive was still drying, our cars were parked down the road at our neighbors. I wanted to go grocery shopping, but I did not want to lug bags up the road to our drive and then walk on the uneven ground -- lots of gopher tunnels! -- through the trees to avoid walking on the driveway itself. I did make one short trip to pick up some yogurt, though, and a few other items to get me through the day.

For dinner, we had Thai chicken with spicy peanut sauce, rajma (red kidney bean curry) and garden rice. I had planned that meal and had everything already on hand. To be honest, I think mine looked better than this photo.


Now that the drive has baked in the sun all day -- because the 50% chance of rain decided to manifest itself as the dry 50% -- Tom and I moved his truck and my car back into the garage after dinner. We may go shopping tonight, but I doubt it. Tomorrow morning will be soon enough for me to pick up the stuff to make nachos for dinner. I hope they have blue corn chips!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

we had thai food as well. It's the unofficial cuisine of pre-Labor Day weekends I think.