Saturday, April 4, 2015

Coming attractions

Well, tomorrow is Easter, of course. On Tuesday Tom and I will work at the polls in a local election. It is mainly school board and local offices and turnout likely will be relatively small. On the other hand, our little Town of Delton (this is what is called a civil township, a unit smaller than a county but not incorporated into village or city) with only about 1,200 registered voters includes people who reside in three distinct school districts. As a result, we will have stacks of different ballots that have to be handed out accordingly. This means extra poll staff and triple-to-quadruple the amount of paperwork to be signed after all is said and done. End result: Long day!

So on Wednesday, I will try to recuperate from the 12-to-14-hour day on Tuesday, clean my room up so that possible guests can use it in my absence and pack my bags preparatory to leaving on Thursday to drive to Texas for two days to visit my mother. I expect to spend about a week in the Lone Star State before making the two-day trip back to Wisconsin, after which I will try to recuperate from the trip. (I will be 65 next month and think I am getting too old for this!)

Yes, there is probably an easier way, but everything has its costs and I have decided this is the way that works best for me.

And no, I do not intend to walk the 1,080 miles between here and there or take a cat or birds or dog with me. I might mention, however, that as of today I have walked 1,125 miles since beginning the Fitbit back at Christmas. Absurd! With all this walking, why can't I lose those last ten pounds? Why, why, why?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also walk miles every day and yet struggle with getting my weight down to where I and my doctor want it. She suggests I alter my diet, but hey, I'm walking miles every day. Why isn't that enough? I have to walk miles and starve myself, too?