Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Elections in the Dells

As mentioned before, Tom and I are working at the polls today. 

Last year I missed working the April election because I was visiting my mother in Texas. I went at that time to avoid late winter ice and snow (I had cancelled a Christmas trip because of bad weather) and to be ahead of the spring tornado season.

This year I arranged to travel to Texas a little later so that I would be available to work the polls. Now it looks like my two-day delayed departure will be further delayed because of predicted severe weather, including possible tornadoes, all along the route I take from the Dells to Whitehouse. I decided to cancel my Thursday departure and changed my motel reservation. Barring further problems, I will leave Friday and arrive there on Saturday afternoon.

Well, as they say, no good deed goes unpunished!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I wanna see you :-(

Michael Dodd said...

I would love to see you, too, doll, and Garret and the girls and Patton. But I won't be able to make it up there this time around.