Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spamalot

No, unfortunately I have not been to a performance of the musical Spamalot.

For the past two weeks, I have been getting tons of spam comments on the blog. Not sure why or what started it. They are all fake faux laudatory comments that essentially put up a link to a website that I assume is selling something nobody wants. I don't bother to look.Since I monitor all comments and approve them before they appear -- mainly to keep the language acceptable to my mother, should she read them -- I report and delete spam and such things when they show up in my email box. Some days there are half a dozen of them, often copies of the same thing. (Someone is not too bright out there.) So far it is a nuisance but no more. If it gets worse I will consider options.

I mention it only in case a real person is trying to post a comment and wonders why it is not getting through. I welcome all readers and their actual comments. I read the comments when they show up in my mail or on my waiting-to-be-posted comment list. If you include a link to another site in a comment, however, I will not post that unless I know who you are and what the linked site is.

While we are on the topic of comments, feel free to communicate with me privately through the comments. People do this, too, which is fine. It is an easy way to contact me and it doesn't show up in the public forum. Just mention at the beginning of your comment that it is private and it will remain so.

Ciao, bellos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear- That may be due to my interview with you. I kinda said my blog was widely read and this is one of the results of having loads of readers... They link and have lots of readers too and spammers are sure to latch on sooner or later.

Sorry, Michael , if this is indeed the case.

Sunny xx

Michael Dodd said...

Sunny,
Don't give it a thought. Tom assures me that these things pop up in cycles and it was apparently just my turn.