Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tuesday touching base

1) We voted this morning, the only thing on the ballot being a state supreme court justice race. Our polling place is inside the chapel at the ginormous Lutheran senior apartment complex across the street. The people were all very nice and it took no time at all. Polls had opened at seven and we voted a little after eight. Mine was the fifth vote cast. Turnout, needless to say, is not expected to be high in this election.

2) After voting, I did twelve minutes on the elliptical and then an hour on the treadmill. I feel pleasantly exhausted. Part of the exhaustion, however, is no doubt due to the fact that Sundance kept me up pretty much all night. Nothing we try seems to help her for long. She will be okay for a night or two and then we are back to square one. Our next move is to try anxiety medication. For her first, and then if necessary, for me! Or maybe the other way around.

3) There is a light snow falling, supposed to end by sundown with little accumulation. The good news is that temperatures will rise to the low 50's [10 - 12 C] Friday and Saturday. 

4) Yesterday I read over what I had written of Wacky in WhoVille and made some minor corrections and editorial revisions. The rest of the story is laid out in some detail, and I hope I will have it completed before too long. In the meantime, I am waiting for Tom to get inspired for the cover for Except for His Wings. If inspiration lags too long, I will resort to nagging.

5) After lunch, if I don't collapse into a deep nap, I may run a few errands. I need to return a book to the library and pick up one that I had ordered and that should arrive today. I also want to set up my personal checking account at the new bank and pick up a few items at the supermarket.

Hope you are all well. Just wanted to touch base and let you know I am alive and still kicking.

Reflectively, of course.

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Glad you're still kicking. So sorry about Sundance; I think you should take YOUR pill first.