Saturday, March 15, 2008

Memory lane

Yesterday afternoon at the library I was helping process some paperbacks. I had to stamp them with the Kilbourn Public Library stamp: on the top of the book, on the title page, on page 25 and page 99, and on two other pages selected at random. On the first inside page I had to use the Due Date stamp. For the other stuff, there was a small stamp and a larger one, to be used as best fit the space.

After my supervisor explained all this, she apologized that I was probably confused. I told her when I worked in the library in junior high, I had stamped books, so I understood how to do it, but we stamped pages 19 and 39 back then.

One of the other librarians turned around and stared at me. "How can you possibly remember that?"

I told her I just wished I could remember something useful -- like what day of the week it is.
Of course, maybe she meant, at my age, how could I even remember being in junior high?

No comments: