Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday shopping

It was a crisp sunny day, so we decided to go into Madison and bum around. Tom wanted to give his broken snow blower to the guys at Riverside & Great Northern Railroad because they have the shop, materials and wherewithal to repair it, and they can use it next winter to help clear the walks and things. So we went by there first to drop it off.

In Madison we went by Mad City Power Motors so Tom could pine after the Honda Ruckus, but they didn't have the sleek black one he liked and he got over it. For the time being, anyway. Then we had Chinese at the Flaming Wok before hitting Michael's and Target where he picked up shoe stretchers for some work boots he just bought.

Then over to Cost Plus World Market where I broke down and got the little Kwan Yin shrine pictured. Kwan Yin (also Quan Yin) is a Chinese Buddhist goddess who represents mercy and compassion. I had seen this little statue/shrine when we were Christmas shopping, but back then I resisted the temptation to get it. I recently saw that they were down to only a few and the price was about half of what it sells for elsewhere. So that was my treat for the day.

On the way back we stopped at Menard's and Tom got a new lawnmower. We discovered that they had pink flamingos, so he picked up another half dozen to add to the flock. They also have a couple of flamingos that light up in the dark, but he reasonably chose not to invest in one of those. I told him if Peggy asks me what he wants for his birthday, I will know what to suggest.

No comments: