Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ups and downs

This evening I got this email from the editor of the Carmelite magazine in Nigeria:
Grace and Peace!
Am glad to inform you that your article -- "Poverty and Moral Uprightness ..." was approved by the editorial board of this magazine for publication in this (8th) edition. To this end, could you please forward a coloured picture of yourself to this email address for use beside your article in the magazine which is due to be out by the middle of April. Thank you and God bless.

Yours in the Lord
Ibemariae Ugwoke, ocd
Editor, FlosCarmeli
I thought about sending them the picture from 1984 that the students in Chicago called the GQ photo (because they thought it looked like a Gentlemen's Quarterly fashion shot), but I decided to send them the one here that was taken not that long ago.

Since this magazine is printed in Nigeria, I doubt that I will ever see a copy of it myself, but since I wrote about moral uprightness, I suppose I should at least be honest about what I look like today.

No comments: