Sunday, March 9, 2008

Solitary Sunday

I remembered to set the clocks last night before going to bed, and I woke up in time to make my usual Sunday morning call to Mama and Daddy. Mama asked if I were lonely, but I do enjoy occasional solitude. Give me a book and a warm house on a cold and snowy day, and I am fine.

I am hoping to finish Emily Auerbach's Searching for Jane Austen. Since we have been watching all those movies about Jane Austen novels, this provides interesting background. Unfortunately PBS is in the middle of fundraising right now and so there was no Austen movie last Sunday and there will be none tonight. One of the other channels did have the 2005 movie version of Pride and Prejudice. I watched the beginning, but having recently seen the BBC version, I did not care for the Hollywood one as much. So I shut off the tube and picked up my book. Typical me.

We had a little snow this morning -- lovely for a while and lasting only a short while, which makes it even lovelier.

I put together some chicken mole in the crockpot. It has to cook for twelve hours, so that won't be supper. Yesterday I made some black bean and corn soup, but Peggy and Rich invited me over for supper, so I will have the soup today.

Not too exciting, huh?

No comments: