Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Zen [Updated]

[UPDATE: Tom was able to find a picture of our fountain, so I have replaced the other photo with that and revised the text.]

We went over to Home Depot to look for something to put around the open sides of the deck to make it safe when we have visitors with small children. I always go moon over the fountains in the garden center, and today the Zen fountain that I have much admired was marked down about 75% -- the box had been opened and returned, apparently. So with some reluctance, I agreed that we should get it. It is now set up on the deck and seems to work fine. It is a squared column, topped by a round basin filled with river rocks with a large sphere out of which comes the water. It stands about three feet high and has a nice, gentle sound.

Another example of Tom's generosity. I suspect he thinks a fountain is just another thing to have to maintain. I got the "You're going to have to keep it cleaned" lecture.

So now we just have to make sure that kids on the deck don't climb up and pull it over on themselves!

No comments: