Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Midweek mumbles

Not much happening at the moment. Tom got back from his trip to Chicago and the doctor had given him some super-powered antihistamines that made him spacier than usual. He cut the pill in half and that didn't work, so today he took a quarter of a dose and that seems to have done the trick without leaving him in a blur.

Yesterday I graded two papers for my distance learning students. I expect another paper this week, but actually should get two more. Because these are students who are working full time, they are often late with the work, and I am used to it.

I went into the law office today to do the billing (Phase I) and managed to get that all done. Joe asked me to come in tomorrow for a bit to type his midterm for his class. So I agreed. Friday I have a job interview at the book store in the morning and do my library work in the afternoon.

The store is part of a small chain in the midwest. It is about the size Bookland was when it was in its original location in Huntsville. I suppose the most interesting thing about it is that there is a lot of stuff on local history and so on. This is only a part time job, but I think it would be fun and it would provide me with some ready cash. Not a lot of ready cash ... When I went by the bank today to deposit my check from the law office, I noticed that my money market, that paid me better than 4% just a couple of months ago, is now paying just over 2%. Not gonna get rich on that!

Today was a warmish day, up around 50, but we are supposed to get a bit more snow tonight and tomorrow. I hope it won't amount to anything since I will be driving to Reedsburg in the AM and Baraboo in the PM.

1 comment:

The Hermit said...

I was thrilled to open a savings account last week that offers 1% APR. Most savings down here actually offer less than half a percent.

Thanks, President Bush!