Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Checks and cat hair

Well, I found out today that my tax rebate check -- or economic stimulus check -- will be among the ones mailed in the final batch later in the summer. (It's based on the last two digits of your Social Security number.) When it gets here, I think I will use it for some new glasses. I hope that won't run me $600, but who knows?
Today we began cleaning up to get ready for visitors. I took everything off the shelves in my room and dusted. I even vacuumed the lamp shade. How tidy is that? I will do the bathroom tomorrow and then move into the guestroom. My one dilemma is how to get all the cat hair off the bedding. I know from experience that washing won't do it. The sheets are fine, but the comforters and quilts could best be described as short-haired tabby. You can wash them but all that means is that the hair is clean. I have tried using those sticky rollers that are supposed to pick up everything, but they are not sufficient. I have even tried using long strips of duct tape, but all that does is waste duct tape.

I'm tempted to go out and buy some things to save just for guest use. Rebecca is allergic to cats, and it would be worth having some stuff for when she and David are here, too.

Probably when I get new glasses, I will find it harder to ignore all the cat hair all over everything anyway.

No comments: