Sunday, May 18, 2008

Worth twelve minutes of your time

I ran across this video of comedian Craig Ferguson (originally recorded February 2007) and thought you might find it interesting. He speaks about how certain aspects of contemporary culture (entertainment and media) have made him recently re-examine aspects of his own comedy, and he then speaks about his own struggle with alcoholism and his fifteen years of sobriety. If you do listen, you will notice that people laugh a lot at the beginning, but not so much later on.

I think what he says applies to many situations and so I post it here. Click on the arrow on the screen to start it. It lasts about twelve minutes.

I should warn you: he has a thick British/Scottish accent and you may find it hard to understand everything he says. And, Mama, he uses some bad language. I don't know how to edit that out, so here it is as I found it.

No comments: