Monday, May 12, 2008

MIldly Monday

Not much to report today. The weather wasn't great for Peggy's family get-together yesterday, but people had a good time, ate in the garage and then repaired to the yard to sit around the fire. She has a pretty ethnically mixed extended family, which meant the food included delicious handmade egg rolls as well as my enchiladas suizas. Peggy's sister Debbie had also brought an enchilada casserole, so Mexican food was well represented at the feast. I had to go back to work at the railway after I ate, but somehow they got along without me.

Orioles continue to visit us, and Tom says he saw an Indigo Bunting at the feeder. Peggy says we have them around here, and I hope to see one eventually. They are almost iridescent blue. The rose-breasted grosbeaks are back, another bird that Peggy dislikes for some reason.

Some of our tulips are in bloom and the crabapple tree Tom planted in the middle of the front yard is covered with buds. If the weather doesn't wreck it first, it should be beautiful soon.

Chris and Linda Kimball are due to visit overnight on Friday. I will move into the guestroom so they can have my room since it has the attached big bathroom. I am happy to give it up for guests, but it does mean I have to give everything a good dusting and the bathroom a good scrubdown. Chris seems to be doing fine with his recovery from all the surgery and stuff, but I want everything to be as clean as possible for him. Chris has been here a couple of times before, but since it will be Linda's first visit to this house, we want everything to be in good shape for her, too.

If any of you come to visit and need my room, I will do the same for you. Hint, hint.

And that's about it.

No comments: