Wednesday, December 23, 2009

AmericInn Responds

I had written yesterday that I was unhappy about the likelihood that we were going to have to pay for a day at the motel where we have reservations even if we are unable to get there because of the bad weather. This evening I got a nice e-mail from the manager of the AmericInn here in the Dells, assuring me that their normal cancellation policy would not apply if bad weather were to force us to cancel the reservation. To quote him:
While this is our standard policy, we also take into account the health and well being of our guests. In the case of potentially hazardous road conditions...we would certainly not want to have an individual risk their safety in order to meet the obligation of their reservation. In the case of extremely poor weather conditions...we can and will cancel your reservation and waive the penalty fees. I apologize if you were informed otherwise. If you ever have a concern that you do not feel is being handled sufficiently, do not hesitate to call and speak to me personally so we can discuss and hopefully agree to a mutual compromise on the situation.
I assured him that it looks like we will be taking advantage of his hospitality after all, but I wanted to post this clarification here for the handful of people who might have read my earlier grumpy complaint and received a bad impression of AmericInn as a result.

As I said in my previous post, it is a very nice place to stay; and as you can see, Someone is on the ball because they read my remarks on this blog -- and I am sure no one there has ever looked at it before. Did a guardian angel help me out on this one?

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Wow!! Great PR!!! Way to go Michael!! And way to go Manager of the AmericInn!!!
I know where I'll be staying if iI'm ever up that way again!
:-)