Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

The odd headline juxtapostion on my news app this morning:
Woman Knocks Down Pope at Midnight Mass
Obama Tells Congress:'Finish the Job'
Well, the President was talking about health care legislation, not finishing off the Holy Father.

But it made for a startled second look on my part.

We had a nice night at the AmericInn -- the guy who checked us in is someone I know for the library -- and this morning had a lovely breakfast and exchanged gifts. Tom and Helen each got a coffee mug (Texas Dad, Texas Mom) from son John who is in law school at UT. Lucy got a Texas shirt from him. I thought I should post pictures of all these Texas gifts, but since they were University of Texas, not just Texas, I figured I would not risk it with the Aggie-Dodds.

When we passed one of the time/temperature signs this morning it said, "Balmy 35" (1.6 C). Only in Wisconsin! Rain turning to snow later and making the roads slushy and icky.

No comments: