Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas is past, but maybe for a Valentine's Day gift?

 I got an email today advertising clothing and accessories. I had never heard of the company, and I do not know where they got my address. Of course, businesses sell the addresses of their customers to other businesses all the time. So someone did this to me ... I can only assume they did not pay attention to how much money I actually spend.

This is a $17,5000 "14K Yellow Gold Mini Skull Beaded Bracelet with White Diamond Details on the Eyes."

Part of the delicious absurdity of this is that skull beads are popular on Zen bracelets as a reminder that all things material, including our bodies, are passing away into dust. So the idea of spending $17,500 for a bracelet made of gold and diamond chips to remind you that ... gold and diamonds and money are meaningless? Maybe that is the point. It is all meaningless so I will throw it away on a little band to put around my wrist.

Life is full of little oddities, n'est-ce pas?

Which reminds me. I have to look up something for my English student.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

A French phrase reminded you to look something up for your English student? How ironic. LOL. Not to mention amusing. hahahahaha