Friday, January 10, 2014

Sundance watches CaTV

Sundance has always fascinated me because she seems to actually watch television. Unlike Cassidy, who will sit on the couch with me with her back to the set, Sundance pays attention to the screen. This morning while I was trying to get some work done in my office, she was being a pest. So I turned on the television across the room, went to YouTube and searched "videos for cats to watch." The first one was a ten-minute loop of cardinals feeding. That got her attention and she looked all around, trying to figure out how to get to the birds.

 She climbed up on the shelf,

 







went behind the set from one direction, found out that didn't work  and so tried it from the other direction.


 It was cute, but after that one a video came on of a mother cat with some kittens. For that one, Sundance promptly got up in her chair and watched and listened raptly while I got to do some stuff.

Eventually the mama cat talking to the kittens relaxed her so much that she curled up in her chair and dozed off.

So if you have a rambunctious cat, you may want to try this. Of course, cats being cats, when I try this trick again tomorrow she will ignore it completely. Or else, she will become so used to it that she will start whining until I turn on "her show."

Here is the cat video, if you want to see what was so fascinating. It is not a funny cat video, so don't expect much in the way of tricks. Just the cuteness of kittens with their mother and (I assume) father who shows up from time to time. Click on the arrow to watch a few minutes. Unless like Sundance, you have the leisure to devote 20 minutes to the whole thing. [Spoiler alert: The butler did it.]

No comments: