Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Writing along, singing a song, day by day ...

Okay, not singing so much. But the writing is getting better. The last couple of days I have written three scenes that I think work fairly well. Two of them move the story-as-is along and the third is part of a subplot that is in development.

I am still reading/researching background for this novel, although I am probably overdoing that aspect of things. I just love finding stuff out! The librarian in me. When I took my homiletics class (that's sermon-writing), there was was cliche: "You should spend one hour preparing for every minute you preach." Like anyone ever had that kind of time! Although they may have meant if you only have one hour to prepare, just preach for one minute. Lots of preachers could use that advice! But I think when I start writing I fall into "For every page you write, read a book." I do get lots of ideas, and you know -- To steal from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
Snow again today, although only a few inches. We had about three inches early and then it stopped for a while. That gave Tom time to get the drive and sidewalks cleared before the next band comes through later this afternoon.

Sundance just came down to my office to remind me she is ready for a snack. Gotta run!

No comments: