Sunday, January 12, 2014

Disappointment

Yesterday I did lots of writing, but I had to admit that by dinnertime, I had done nothing on the novel itself. So I pulled it out and began working on a scene where one of the characters is hurt while hauling a yule log to the Lutheran chapel.
(Interested yet? You will have to wait for the book. Or the made-for-TV movie. I'm thinking John Cusack can play the Damien character. If it turns out the Disney studio picks up the option for the animated feature, I am holding out for Chip. Or maybe Darkwing Duck!)

So I put in about an hour of writing and finally gave it up after about 1200 words. They were just the wrong words. It was so boring I didn't want to re-read it, and I can't imagine anyone plowing through it the first time. The idea is basically sound, but my writing was flat and talky and not at all engaging. So I will have to go back and re-do that whole thing.

On a brighter note, today it will get up to 37 degrees ABOVE zero. We will probably go to Madison just to get out of the house for a few hours.

No comments: